Call for nominations – 2011 LMA Awards
Ludhiana Management Association, an affiliated unit of All India Management Association was formed in 1978. LMA has been recognized with Best LMA Award 2010 by AIMA. It has over 800 members consisting of Industrialists, Entrepreneurs, Executives, & Professionals.
The main objective of LMA is to professonize Management in this region by organizing programmes to train & retrain the business Executives/ Entrepreneurs on different aspects of Management.
Awards Instituted by LMA
LMA also recognizes the achievements & excellence of Executives & Entrepreneurs for which the following awards are instituted:
- LMA – Vardhman Award for entrepreneur of the year sponsored by Vardhman Group since 1984. The entrepreneurs who belong to Punjab having their establishment anywhere are eligible for this award.
- LMA – Dayanand Munjal Award for Manger of the year sponsored by Hero Group since 1984. The eligibility for this award is that the manager must be working in Punjab.
- LMA – Trident Award for Young Innovative Entrepreneur/Manager of the year sponsored by Trident Group since 1992. The eligibility for this award is that the entrepreneur/manager should be below 40 yrs of age. He should be working in Punjab.
- LMA – Sat Paul Mittal Life Time Achievement Award sponsored by BhartiEnterprises since 2007.
Aims of Awards
The aims of the awards are:
- To recognize and reward individuals that are making their mark in their chosen industry.
- To provide opportunities for individuals to acknowledge and celebrate their achievements and be recognized for their valued contribution to the community.
- To encourage innovation, business excellence and good corporate citizenship.
Applications/Nominations for the above mentioned four awards are invited from the members of LMA, different institutions, other recognized Processional bodies, & also sometimes through advertisements in leading newspapers.
All the applications/nominations are considered by the awards committee consisting of very senior people under the leadership of Padma ShriRajinder Gupta CEO , Trident Group and Mr. S K Rai, Managing Director, Hero Cycles Ltd.
The awards are conferred at Annual Day Function of LMA in June/July in Ludhiana at which Hon'ble Governor of Punjab is always the Chief Guest. The function is attended by 500 Industrialists/Senior Executives
LMA is seeking nominations for these awards for the year 2011, which may be sent to Mr. Kamal Wadhera, General Secretary, LMA, c/o TCY Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd. 463-G, Ferozepur Road, Ludhiana by 10th May, 2012